Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Stunning Stencils Technique Blog Hop

 Welcome to our February Technique Blog Hop! This month we're featuring stencils and various ways of using them. Sit back, relax and enjoy learning all about stencils!

The hop is one big circle. All you have to do is click the link in each post to hop to the next blog. For reference, the blog before mine is Terry Metzger. 

I decided to use my stencil with texture paste to create a bold and stunning look for my card. I started with black cardstock, the stencil, paste and a palette knife. I wanted an all over design so I cut the cardstock 1/2" smaller than the card front. I spread the Opaque Matte Texture Paste over the stencil making sure to get all the flowers filled in. Next was the drying time. 

Once dry I got busy with my Shimmer Brushes to color the flowers that are now a slightly raised image. Because the paste isn't alway smooth you might get some areas that don't cover easily. I leave that as a rustic look in the design. 


Look how bold and beautiful the colors look against the black background! The Shimmer Brush colors I used are: Capri, Papaya, Wild Berry, Shortbread, Wisteria and Rosemary. It's hard to see in the photo but the whole thing just shimmers! 



In this close-up you can see the shimmer a bit better. I also stamped the dragonfly for an accent. I stamped on white cardstock and on Vellum. I used Intense Black ink so it wouldn't bleed when I colored the images. The other color is Wild Berry ink. I colored with TriBlend Markers (Blue Turquoise Blend, Bright Pink Shades) on the white cardstock and on the underside of the Vellum. After fussy cutting I glued the Vellum to the cardstock dragonfly only on the body. I used Thin 3D Foam Tape to pop up the wings. I also curled the Vellum wings a bit with my pen. 


The inside of the card was stamped with a simple sentiment and accented with a colorful puddle looking image in 2nd generation ink. That's when you ink the stamp, stamp on scrap paper then stamp on your card without inking again. It helps make the inside fun, too.


D2052 For All Occasions


D2051 Perfectly Imperfect Patterns

If you need a Maker (consultant) I'd be happy to help.
If you'd like to BE a Maker I'd love to have you on my team!

Have you heard about our new VIP Customer Program? As a member you enjoy perks like a discount on your orders, FREE Stamp of the Month, special product bundles and online events. 

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

Now it's time to hop to the next blog and see more great ideas with Cat Nowak. Thanks for hopping by!


Michelle

#showandtellwithmichelle #ctmh #cardmaking #techniquebloghop

11 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, your card is definitely bold and beautiful! My wish list continues to grow because I am so inspired by what you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I love the texture paste on the black and then you colored the paste...Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love texture paste. I’ve mixed shimmer brush into the texture paste before putting on. But not thought to paint on the texture paste. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful,bold colored card! Your dragon fly is also stunning 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card background makes me think of the new Vera Bradley bags I just purchased for my vacation. The pattern is called Hope Blooms Teal. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many pretty touches...the stenciling is STUNNING but my favorite might be that little dragonfly and his wings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great technique! I never would have thought to color with the shimmer brush on texture paste!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? Please leave a comment and make my day!

Simple Thank You ~ Color Dare #597

 Our team at Color Dare has a fun color challenge for you this week. It's nice and bright and we can't wait to see how you use our c...